Sunday, April 5, 2009

Beauty

The last few days have been a roller coaster. Monday, Marisa treated me to a massage and facial. I had to tell the masseuse and esthetician that I was pregnant, which felt strange - no one else knows but Todd and me and the doctor. I immediately told them that we lost a baby in August, my own insecurity of them getting all ga-ga on me. Again, I know too much - I can't get my hopes up, especially this early.

I went to see a chiropractor this week too, and told him. I have never seen a chiropractor, and my neck cracked in ways I never thought possible. Could that be the reason for the muscle strain in my neck? It took almost the entire massage to attempt to get the knots out, and even then, they weren't completely gone. During my first pregnancy, the pain in my lower back started almost immediately due to my hips and pelvis rotating in very strange ways. I had to go to physical therapy for weeks to continue to help adjust them. I'm hoping the chiropractor will help from the start with this pregnancy.

What I called heartburn throughout my first pregnancy has returned in full force. The burning in the throat sensation that seems to come on a full stomach, empty stomach - it doesn't matter.

All this work on my body to help prepare it for ten months of creating the best home possible for our little one. The sun and warmth out today are the best therapy of all - the beauty was breathtaking. Driving from Bozeman through the Big Hole to the Bitterroot Valley - absolutely spectacular. Thus begins my 13 week adventure of planning an event here.

No comments:

Post a Comment