Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Wave

During the ultrasound last week, we got a wave from baby Graham - with just the pointer finger. She gave us the "number one." The tech caught it and we have a picture of it. When I was sharing the pictures with folks at the refuge, that one picture struck up a conversation about different finger signs. They teased me that she really gave us the "middle finger." Then, I told them what Emerson had done, the ultra-cool pointer finger, pinky, thumb sign (think surfer dude). Erin told us that is the slang sign for "I love you." My heart sank. Really? Emerson flashed us "I love you." Just amazing. When I told Todd, his eyes welled with tears. Another moment of reality mixed with something greater going on in this world. Thank you God.

No comments:

Post a Comment