Thursday, July 2, 2009

Little Bun in the Oven

Today I went in for a regular visit with Casper. We visited for a while, listened to the heartbeat, and then she asked if we had taken a peek last time. I said nope, and she asked if I wanted to…of course! Todd wasn’t with me, and she hesitated and said, “Wait, do you want to find out without him here?” I asked her if she could see, write it down, seal it in an envelope and we’ll open it tonight. We went into the ultrasound room, Casper, Sarah (her nurse) and me…three girls giddy with excitement. Baby’s legs were crossed, as Emerson's always were, and as soon as Casper got the right view, she turned it away from me. She’s said she’s 90% sure she knows.


Todd got home late from spending the day in the Madison - it was grueling to wait for him. We sat down for dinner and I said, open it! He tried to drag it out, and I said open it! On the folded scrip page was written, "Girl" with a flower box around it.

3 comments:

  1. Hooray! Ive gotten a bit behind reading your posts, but am thrilled all is going well. And you look super cute with your bump, too. Go ahead and eat the ice cream- its good for babies (my personal opinion :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this story - tell me, who is Casper? I hope you are well - think of you so often. Thankyou for the birthday wishes. I had such a fun day/weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr Melissa Casper is our wonderful doctor. I've always called her Casper, and finally one day I asked if it was okay. She said she went by Casper all through her residency, so yes, that's fine. Even "off duty" I call her Casper. Can't help it - it kinda fits her...Casper, my friendly ghost.

    ReplyDelete