Wednesday, July 29, 2009

21 weeks and counting

Today was a check-up day. Everything looks good. I need to drink more water, but all in all, baby Graham is growing strong. We now have dates to choose from for the c-section - either the day before Thanksgiving or the Monday after. We have some time to decide.

I spent the afternoon with Marilyn and Sanna, both mothers whose baby girls died in 2006. It feels good to talk, share, cry, and remember together. Our little angels are with us every day and help guide us in every light.

We're approaching Emerson's first birthday. Not sure how we'll celebrate. I want to honor her in a special way and spend the day with Todd, Grady the old red dog, and baby Graham. If anyone has suggestions, please let us know. In the meantime, I really wish Toys-R-Us would stop sending me birthday reminders.

1 comment:

  1. I catch up on your posts while I'm nursing these days, and I just read back a while. The Wave was beautiful, and as I sat here with Carson on my lap I had to hug and kiss him with gratitude as the tears streamed down my face. Of course, just as I was overcome with emotion, his little face got really red and he let a big one :) We'll have to work on sensitivity training with this guy.
    Have you thought of going on a long hike with Grady and Todd and planting a tree or a bush or even seeds somewhere beautiful and scenic on Emerson's birthday? It seems perfect to honor the beauty she graced you (and all of us who know of her) with. It could be a tradition each year. I'm sure whatever you decide to do it will be perfect. xoxo

    ReplyDelete