Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Word.

Okay, so word is getting out slowly. We went to Virginia City on Saturday, randomly, for their Memorial Day parade. On that note, it's about a five minute parade, and ten when you add their trip back to the start. Pretty darn cute.

Ran into some ole Sun Ranch friends. It is pretty obvious when I'm not drinking (is this a bad sign?). After a while, Todd said, wanna tell em? So, he told them there was a reason I wasn't drinking. I like that friends aren't going ga ga and all ooohy gooey on me. Ryan told us we were "courageous." I think that's the best way to put it. It will take courage for us to make it to November.

So, Ennis probably knows now. I'm still avoiding Bozemanians - I'm just not wanting the attention at home. Once I make it through the 12 week check-up (which will actually be on my week 13), I may tell. There are some people I want to tell personally, so I want to be sure to talk with them first.

Todd said he's getting excited. I don't think I'm there yet, and I think it'll take me a while. I feel so attached to this baby, and yet so nervous and scared that I can't get excited yet. I feel like I'm protecting this baby. Or maybe myself.

1 comment:

  1. Oh dearest, it makes me so sad that this pregnancy holds so much absolutely understandable fear for you. I hope that your next appointment eases it and that slowly over the course of the next few months, excitement overtakes the trepidation. Much love and hugs to you and can't wait to see you in a couple of days.

    ReplyDelete