Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Fly, Eagle, Fly

I will be eleven weeks tomorrow. The nausea has subsided a bit and I've added fiber to the diet to help with, well, for what you take fiber. I'm nervous that things have stopped growing in there. Casper said that I could come anytime for an ultrasound, and if I didn't have to go to Billings tomorrow, I would go get one. I think it's just a long stretch since we went so early the first time. I'm not gaining weight (which is fine with me if everything is okay), I'm not showing (which I was last time at 7 weeks), and I guess, all in all, it's just different. That's okay, but it makes me nervous. One thing that is the same is the crazy dreams. Last night, I ran through a fire that had surrounded me. I woke up and my heart was racing.

Last Saturday, Todd and I went to Three Forks State Park, where the headwaters of the Missouri come together. The Gallatin, Madison, and Jefferson Rivers all meet to form the mighty mighty Missouri. It is amazing to stand in one spot and see the different mountain ranges and rivers all come together. There is a lot of history in that spot, and you can feel it when you are there.

The green is just beginning to make itself known. Warmer temperatures brought on some leaf popping over the weekend. And finally, our tulips are up! I took a little break from yard work, Todd was sleeping, and low and behold a bald eagle flew over my head. She circled, and then I began to count the circles. One....two....three....seven....eight....nine....twelve! She was soaring around and around my head, just over our house and making loops, higher and higher. I knew it was Emerson coming to check on me. Her silence was mesmerizing. Her strength was so powerful. I sat in awe. And as she flew away, I had a yearning, a pull, to follow and knew that I couldn't. I sat thinking of how things, people come into our lives and quietly leave us, making us stronger than before.

1 comment:

  1. Crazy dreams, the distinct need for Metamucil- sounds like things are progressing as normal :) Frances, I feel so lucky to be able to follow you on this. Know that I'm thinking of you and sending you love and strength, and it does my heart good knowing you have such a kind, attentive doctor. Pregnancy is unsettling regardless of the circumstances, so I can only imagine what you're feeling. Let us know when you get to hear the next little thump, thump, thump :)

    ReplyDelete