Monday, November 16, 2009

Testing

In a world that has so much going on right now, there is only one thing I can turn my focus. I woke this morning at 3, which isn't unusual, and couldn't get back to sleep. My thoughts wandered around the list of things still needed to accomplish, anxiety over the lung capacity test, and thoughts of a delivery.

This morning, we are headed to the hospital for the lung capacity test. Casper and Robin (radiologist) together will draw a sample of amniotic fluid. By ten this morning, it will be couriered to Billings to St. Vincent's hospital. We should know this evening whether our packed bags will head to the hospital in the morning or have to wait another week.

Both Todd and I are ready to hold our baby girl. All the worries and fears and anxiety of birth and post-birth are starting to be outweighed with the simple pleasures of seeing her hands and feet and belly button and ears.

After Kundalini yoga, we always end with this song:
May the long time sun, shine upon you
All love surround you
And the pure light within you
Guide your way on.

I keep singing it over and over in my head. It has become a mantra for my daily living, and my prayer for my little girls.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not much for prayer, but I'm sending more good thoughts your way.

    I love that song, I think I need to incorporate it into my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. frannie -- my friend Joe is a Kundalini instructor and musician. he incorporated that song into one of his songs and had about 30 people come to sing it in a recording studio (including me with dylan in my belly). i cry every time i hear it. i will get you a copy of his cd. i know you would like it. all of our love to you and todd and this sweet baby girl. xxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete