Monday, October 12, 2009

Celebrating

On Saturday, I celebrated my 35th birthday. I love birthdays, and I have to admit this one was pretty special.

One year ago, I was laid off from MOSS. My life had turned upside down, and I frankly didn't know which end was up. After slowly moving through the darkness, finding some light, and rebuilding myself with a lot of family and friends' support, I went in to 2009 thinking it had to be a better year. And it has been.

Landing the BioBlitz job and becoming pregnant, I regained a renewed spirit about life. Life is so precious and can be taken from us at any given point in time. Learning what really matters is one of the most precious gifts Emerson could have given me. And I have learned that enjoying life to the fullest, spending time with those you love, and cherishing the moments you are alive is the most important thing in life. It is with this spirit, I will give birth to our second child.

So, when it comes to birth days, I will forever celebrate. It is on this day that mothers and fathers around the globe share in a magical moment. Life begins and life evolves and life changes. There are ups and downs, sidebends and backbends. We are born unto this world and we shall all give thanks for the life we have been given. We are all blessed. And that, my friends, is reason to celebrate.

It's really fun to celebrate my birth day as we approach Baby Graham's birth day.

This all reminds me of the Celebration Song sung at Happening:

For our life together, we celebrate
Life that lasts forever, we celebrate
For the joy and for the sorrow
Yesterday, today, tomorrow,
We Celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment