Thursday, September 17, 2009

28 Week Update

Today I went in for an "in-between" checkup. Casper wanted to examine me just to ensure no signs of labor. All was fine and I got my flu shot while I was there.

Tomorrow I am going in for a three hour glucose test since my one hour test came back a little high. I'm also going in for another ultrasound - Casper wants to keep a close eye on my amniotic fluid levels. Since Todd's not in town, Marisa is going to join me. For whatever reason, I just don't want to have an ultrasound alone.

Prenatal yoga has been a wonderful addition in my life. It's a different style yoga - kundalini yoga. The movement and meditation has been powerful for me. I knew after I got back from Vermont (where we medidated everyday and had silent time), I wanted to continue some of the practice. I also feel stronger with the yoga.

Todd has been away since Saturday, and then I leave on Sunday. We're going to cross paths like this (or not even cross paths) for the next month or so. I'm not too thrilled about it, but we both are looking forward to the fact that neither of us will have to travel when the baby is born. We can savor the life together.

No comments:

Post a Comment